Tuesday, April 7, 2015

GROANING LIKE FRANKENSTEIN


GROANING LIKE FRANKENSTEIN
by matt burns

Carbon monoxide killed the family while they slept in their Maryland home.
oooooooooooh
A cop in South Carolina is charged with murder after shooting a black man.
uuummmhhhh
Russian spies are behind the hacking of White House computers.
uuuuuuuuuuh
Isis is using social media to recruit American women.
uuummmmmhhhhhh oooooooooooh uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Frankenstein is not watching the news.
The sounds are coming out of me
Involuntarily.
O misery!

The terrorist at the news desk 
has mastered his intonation of fright.
My primal buttons 
of fear 
and loathing 
Are pressed just right.
He has me wrapped around his finger 
oh so tight.
If I don't keep groaning like a miserable Frankenstein
I'll feel so guilty tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment