Thursday, April 9, 2015

MASTERING THE HUMAN CONDITION


MASTERING THE HUMAN CONDITION
by matt burns

You've mastered the human condition
When you're sober
When you're present
And when you're happy while you're sober and present

It takes an effort
But I can be sober
It takes an effort
But I can be present
Happiness, however, can't be worked at
It can be faked
But that doesn't make a master out of me
It just has to be there without effort

Effortless happiness feels impossible right now
I strive and strive for the happiness
I wanna be master now!
Let's get this over with now!
But striving is effort
It should just be there 
And it isn't

So it's impossible to master the human condition right now
But I'm still pretty young
Maybe the happiness will just appear some day
There is still time to become master
Being patient is key to masterdom
Though it also sucks balls

No comments:

Post a Comment