Sunday, July 12, 2015

I TOLD HER I'VE NEVER PLAYED ANGRY BIRDS WHEN I REALLY HAVE


I TOLD HER I'VE NEVER PLAYED ANGRY BIRDS WHEN I REALLY HAVE
by matt burns

I told her I've never played Angry Birds
I was uncomfortable
I knew nobody at the party
And sometimes I lie to make conversation.
I guess I could have said I played Angry Birds
And we still would have had conversation.
Instead, I asked what it's like
Why's this game all the rage?
I've played Angry Birds so many times
But I played dumb.

I've never been very conscious of this
But I lie quite a bit
When I'm uncomfortable
And desperate for conversation
Desperate to fill in the silence
Desperate to fit in
Feel like I connect
And exist.
I've never viewed myself as a pathological liar
But maybe
In this light
I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment