Sunday, August 24, 2014

BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO


DREADING THE IPOD
by matt burns

After what’s happened
Between me
And her
The only thing I’m dreading
Is the Ipod

I see it on my dresser
Staring at me
I want its music
But I know the playlist on there
All
Too
Goddamn well

Most songs will remind me of her

It’s best to get drunk
Stuff the ear buds into my canals
Play the shit out of the Ipod
Blast the music
Get it over with
Take the pain
And play it some more
Take the pain!
Play it some more
Take the pain!!
Play it some more!!!

Over time
I’ll either desensitize myself to the pain
Or I’ll develop new memories
And I won’t link the songs with her anymore
I'll link them to the new memories

Only then can I listen to my Ipod again
Without any fear
Of being ambushed by a song
That makes me hurt so bad

No comments:

Post a Comment