Saturday, September 12, 2015

#DOYOURJOB


#DOYOURJOB
by matt burns

Patriots opener
The new slogan
#doyourjob
They keep on hammering it home
Do your job
Do your job

Can't help but think about Hannah Arendt
Eichmann
The banality of evil
You know,
That Nazi who was on trial after the war
They asked him how could he commit such atrocities
I was just doing my job he said

I know, I know
The Patriots meant well
What to do amidst deflate-gate?
All you can do is
Do
Your
Job
Okay, I get that
But it's just being hammered home
Way too intensely
All over the news
All over Facebook
Do your job
#doyourjob

It's not happening on a conscious level
More in the shadowy subconscious
But the more I hear the slogan
The more 
And more 
I feel I'm being re-programmed 
Brainwashed
With a philosophy of amorality

No comments:

Post a Comment