Tuesday, September 1, 2015

THE INMATES EXPLAIN GASSING


THE INMATES EXPLAIN GASSING
by matt burns

I haven't been feeling well
And I've been vedging on the couch
Watching a lot of Lock-up
The inmates are proud of their gassing
Gassing consists of mixing urine and feces
Let it fester in a bag for a while
Add shards of glass from a crushed light bulb
Then throw contents at prison guard
Guard instinctively wipes it off or smears it
The shards dig into the flesh
The piss and urine gets into the blood
Infectious disease may result

The inmates go on with their explaining

And they're so proud of being good at the gassing
As I listen, I feel like less of a disgrace to society
I try and try to contribute in a constructive way
I don't make much money
And I do utilize some social programs
The economy doesn't benefit much from me
I feel that sometimes I take more than I give
Some days all I do is write poems
Or not even that
Sometimes, I just write in my journal
It isn't much, I know
But at least I'm not locked in prison
Eating away at taxpayer dollars
While all I contribute
Is piss
Shit
Festered
And mixed together with shards of glass

I'm glad there's these prison shows

So I feel worthier of existence

No comments:

Post a Comment