Sunday, September 14, 2014

COPYWRITING


COPYWRITING
by matt burns

They said I’d be good at it
Because I’m good at writing
So I gave it a shot
Copywriting for a medical supply company

I never knew writing
Could be a such a dead
Horrible
Thing

If there’s one way to take something good
Fun
And suck the life out of it
I guess copywriting is how to do it

I couldn’t do it
Even if I tried my hardest
There’s something inside me
It says
Stop!
Stop!
It’s a brick wall I cannot surpass
I try
And I try
But I can’t compromise myself
And do this boring writing
And I don’t mean I won’t
I mean I can’t
It’s not how I’m wired
I try
And I try
But the brick wall is there
And it’s a stubborn bastard
Saying stop!
Stop!

Believe me
I want to compromise
Because I guess I can make some good money
I want to so bad
But my brain wasn’t made to write this way
I try to have fun with the words
Make it funny
But that’s not what they want
They want dull
Straight-forward
Something that will appeal to the lowest common consumer

I can only write fun
I can only write creatively
Just because you are good at creative writing
Doesn’t mean you’re good at copywriting
Because copywriting
Is dead writing

Copy
Writing
Is
Death

No comments:

Post a Comment