Wednesday, December 31, 2014

FLYING HIGH and IN THE DESERT


ANNOUNCEMENT: Just to give you a heads up, I now have a new, non-poetry blog called "The Burnzo Papers" where I share my unique perspective on the world's current events. Please check it out when you get a chance. Thank you for your support and Happy New Year!





FLY ME HIGH
by matt burns

Red-tailed hawk
Flying high
Please take me to your sky
Where I have a better eye

I'm blinded by being too low
The murkiness of this negative frequency
Takes me out of the know

Red-tailed hawk
Take me high
I am in this spell
I'm in hell



IN THE DESERT
by matt burns

I look around at what’s close to me
There’s sand as far as the eye can see

I am stuck in the desert here
Do I maintain hope
Or do I despair

There is no path in sight
To any new civilization
I must remain in this place
And be ok with the present situation

No comments:

Post a Comment