Wednesday, December 17, 2014

THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST


THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST
by matt burns

2014 is almost at a close
I look back on the past year
Mostly about the failed relationship
I think coulda, shoulda, woulda
Coulda shoulda woulda
I spend all my time thinking
And rethinking
Trying to wrap my head around what went wrong
Trying to trace things back
All the way back to the seeds of the destruction
But I find no definitive seeds
Or when I think I'm just about to find one
I find more root
And the root twists around and around
In circles
Tangling
Webbing

When it comes to a toxic relationship
Finding out exactly what went wrong
May not even be possible
Yet I can't turn off the coulda shoulda woulda
The endless racing of the mind
Trying to figure out what went wrong
24 hours, 7 days a week
Haunted

2015 is only a couple weeks away
As it comes closer
I see a fork up ahead in the road
Two different paths reveal themselves to me
A path where I remain haunted
And a path where I transcend my haunted mind
The choice is up to me
But it's not going to be an easy one
The Ghost of Christmas Past is powerful
And will be difficult to rise above

No comments:

Post a Comment