Friday, December 12, 2014

MY DOG COMES IN MY ROOM


My dog exudes relaxation












MY DOG COMES IN MY ROOM
by matt burns

I’m sleeping
Well, not really
I woke up after about four hours
I try to go back to sleep
This has been happening a lot
I’ll wake up after an initial few hours
And can’t go back to bed
The alcohol that knocked me out initially
Has worn off
While stress and reality have surged back into the bloodstream

But then I hear the pitter-pattering of claws against the wooden floor
It’s my dog coming into the room
She mounts her bed
She scratches around a bit
I hear her circling
Calculating the most comfortable position
Then I hear her plop into a curled ball
With a dull groan
And then the relaxed exhale
Oh, that exhale!
So relaxing
So peaceful

Just her presence in my room
Her energy
Relaxes me totally
And I’m able to fall asleep again

No comments:

Post a Comment