Monday, March 31, 2014

CHEMICAL HAPPINESS

CHEMICAL HAPPINESS
by matt burns

When I started drinking coffee
I did it because there was no more real energy
I had exhausted all natural energy
So I had no choice
But to find a source
Of
Chemical
Energy

Now it’s the same with happiness
At age 32
I’ve exhausted all real happiness
So I’ve had no choice
But to start drinking copious amounts of alcohol
Lots and lots
Of ALCOHOL
Because when real happiness has run dry
Like a dry town named HAPPY during prohibition era
And that metaphor may make no sense
You have no choice
But to find chemical energy
Because without real happiness
You need something synthetic
To keep you ALIVE

Of course, a good argument could be made…
That chemical happiness
Is fake happiness
And it’s a fake happiness that transports you
Into a
Fake
Reality…

That may be true
But I’ll take that fake reality
Because I’m not ready for total despair
Or death
I’m not ready for
Despair
Or death

So I’ll take chemical happiness
I’ll live off the chemical happiness
It’s good enough for me

No comments:

Post a Comment